Friday, September 24, 2010

Why...tellme.

"While working with Jews, I live like a Jew" but "when working with Gentiles i live like a Gentile." 1 Corinthians 9:19-22
...A thorough understanding of the meaning of culture is a prerequisite to any effective communication of God's good news to a different people group. God values culture, He doesn't think like we do. He looks at the heart, not at our external behaviors.  You don't have to become like me culturally to become Christian.

...just a little something we were taught today...

Honestly.... I have a question for all of you.

Do you really believe that what you believe is really real?
...read that a couple times..
(a pastor asked me this today)
Do you really believe
-That God exists?
-That Jesus was sent to earth
-That Jesus is the Son of God
-That dying on the cross saved us
-That hell is a real place of weeping and gnashing of teeth where the worm never dies?
-That those who don't accept Christ as the Son of God are going to Hell?

.....If yes, then why don't we spend more time telling people about Jesus? 
Why haven't we made it a priority to our every MOMENT?
TELL ME WHY!
If you truly believed in Hell, why don't you spend more time taking EVERY opportunity preaching the gospel and sometimes using words?

...God has me here for a reason, but honestly what is the reason? Because all I can think about every single day as we go through the same exact routine over and over again is WHY AM I NOT OUT THERE WITNESSING! People need to be hearing the good news of Jesus... gosh dang it. Writing this is bringing tears to my eyes. People need Him...there are so many hurting souls that need a hug and prayer and most importantly Jesus's love. ....Do I have time to be here in the middle of Christopher Robin's 1000 acre woods? Jesus is coming to take us home soon and I want as many brothers and sisters to be taken up in the clouds with me. I want a big GIANT family! I want to run out of this place so badly and just go on the streets and love on people. There are so many homeless out there, even you who are reading this might be homeless! I'm not only talking about homeless in body, but also those who are homeless is spirit. You can be living in a great big home and still be considered homeless to me; because you have not found your spiritual home yet...I know where your home is. God has built you Mansions :) I have one too! Our Home is in Jesus and His home is in us. What an awesome deal that is.
I want to run away and go out into this lost world.....sharing the gospel to the homeless spirits....
honestly...I can think of a billion people I've passed by in life, at school, the gas station, grocery store, etc. that I could have easily talked to about Jesus.. But I didn't...Funny..because Hell is a real place.. How awfully selfish can I get? I feel selfish sitting here.. Why can't I die completely to self and use my time more wisely?
..listen...i know my last entry was talking about how I'm here to be trained. We are here being trained to run to the gates of hell and back. which is so true. I love the training we get here, my classes bring so much Joy to me! They are so useful and Christ directed.  But the isolation is killing me. I need to be out there, communicating with hurting hearts. These four months of solitude are going to rip my heart apart. I don't know if Christ is teaching me patience or what...but honestly, I feel like I'm losing precious time in being a disciple for Jesus while I spend most my time on this ranch.

We are going to a Harvest Festival for a mental institution tomorrow. Praise the Lord! I'm so incredibly excited for it. I can't wait to go to bed tonight so tomorrow will be here sooner.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for always being you. For speaking loud when others don't, and for sharing God's love in a way most people can't.

    I love you my friend. You're in my constant prayers.

    ReplyDelete