Saturday, October 2, 2010

The past week and upcoming week


Last Wednesday we went to Hope Pregnancy Center and weeded their garden. It took four hours to finish weeding completel, my fingers lost some skin and by the end of the day I was covered in mud.  I'm convinced that earth worms here take steroids, I'm not kidding you, they were huge. The day went by pretty fast. Who knew you could have quality conversation over weed-pulling.


Next Tuesday we have training for a Hope Pregnancy Center dinner. We will be serving there next Thursday. We all have to dress in black pants and white blouse.


Next Saturday (the 9th) we leave for Vegas BABBBY.
     The Interns are taking a two-day road trip to Las Vegas. Where else is a better place to be trained as a Missionary than Sin City? :) Just kidding. We're going there for a 3 day missions conference; we're also going to be doing some work shops to help equip us. I hope we get to spend a little time in Vegas outside of the conference building, I would love to talk and pray with some little lost lambs there.


Classes have been really great so far, I haven't really had much to write about so I apologize for no longer updating the blog.

CRITTERS

  • The slugs here are the size of my dog. Frightening? Yes.
  • There are so many butterflies, my favorite is when Darla attempts to catch one.
  • Black beetles inhabit the surrounding trees and fall from the trees, occasionally landing on your shoulder.
  • The grasshoppers here make awkward clicky noises and instead of flying away from you, they fly towards you.
  • The mice here make me feel at home, but I'm thrilled to be able to eat my cereal without finding bugs in it..I'm glad that part of home didn't follow me.
...I've been going running most days on a trail across the highway, the most wildlife I've seen is a pile of bear poop.
The weather here has been so nice, in the 70-80's.


 I had a dream about my nephew Jordan last night...He's so sweet.. I miss his hugs in the morning that wake me up before the sun even rises. I miss hearing his little squeaky voice telling me about his dream he had the night before. I miss his obnoxious little self as he runs in circles around the house with Logan following his every move. I miss Logan calling me "Nitney" a thousand times until I finally answer. I miss catching Logan eating a Oreos under the dining room table. I miss finding Jordan's a sleeve of "oreos" with the center eaten out of every one of them and strategically placed back in the sleeve..  I miss taking him to the candy store and bringing him to the beach. I miss going to breakfast with all three of them and trying to get them situated in one booth without throwing food or making faces to the family eating breakfast next to us. I miss baby Lani, she's going to be so grown up before I see her next. Jenn you need to skype me.

1 comment:

  1. AH! Haha I love the wildlife in places like that! Reminds me of Florida...except you don't see bear poop while running in FL :p I hope you see one soon! That would be exciting and make for an interesting blog!

    Ps. I miss you.

    ReplyDelete